Best Practices Overview
Healthcare providers use very different processes to deliver the same services. Consequently, they achieve very different results. HealthMETRICS enables organizations to understand the cost-effectiveness of the processes they use and to make immediate changes that improve the quality of their healthcare services - by lowering costs, improving clinical outcomes, increasing patient satisfaction, and boosting staff morale.
In each Best Practice project, HealthMETRICS works with multiple providers and sites across the country, all of which deliver the same healthcare service. Using proven assessment tools, HealthMETRICS establishes the metric benchmarks and processes that define the Best Practice for a particular service. Based on an evaluation of each site's effectiveness, HealthMETRICS offers practical recommendations for changing.
Examples of our Best Practice Projects:
HealthMETRICS promotes the use of Best Practices through:
- Non-intrusive, staff-friendly site evaluations
- Clear findings that relate performance across sites and to the established Best Practice for that service
- Real-world, practice-focused, and site-specific recommendations for process improvement
- Hands-on assistance with implementation, and
- Ongoing knowledge transfer and long-term relationships that enable providers to monitor and improve services continuously on their own.
HealthMETRICS looks beyond individual measures to determine the effects of all service- and site-specific processes on the quality of healthcare services. HealthMETRICS Best Practice projects establish the critical connection between the key dimensions of better healthcare-costs, clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, and staff morale - and site-specific processes that drive them.
HealthMETRICS methodologies result in:
- Lower-cost measurement tools and benchmark studies
- Consistent and confidential data collection
- Meaningful metrics that are adjusted for regional, economic, and demographic differences
- Findings that are relevant to the diverse needs of the organization, from the Board of Directors to the receptionists
- Staff commitment to the project results and
- Service-specific recommendations that improve all services across the site
HealthMETRICS measures its own success based on the success and satisfaction of its clients. Through its work with a broad spectrum of healthcare providers across the country, HealthMETRICS has found that clients who implement a Best Practice achieve over a 20% reduction in costs on average. These same clients simultaneously improve clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, and staff morale. HealthMETRICS guarantees an ROI of less than a year to providers who implement a recommended Best Practice.